Sunday, November 4, 2012

pillowcases

Pillowcases! They're so simple to make, but can have such a huge impact on my mood. I started to make some tonight, but alas, the little bitty decided he'd rather nurse than have mama sew.

Even so, I decided to share the link now instead of waiting until I'm finished. I'm using the Pretty Quick Pillowcase Tutorial from FITF. The only change I've made is to make the main body of my pillowcases 30" instead of 26", simply because I have some larger pillows.

Here are her pillowcases:


Picture of mine should follow tomorrow. Or maybe the next day ... but soon!


11/13/12 update: Wow, it's taken me a bit longer to get back to these than I thought it would. Soon! They should be done soon! Soon, right?

11/17/12 update: They're finally done! Okay, so just one is done. But I love it. There are, however, some technical difficulties with getting my machine to sew well thru so many layers, so I'm going to think on a good solution before making the next. And for the record, I didn't realize until I was halfway thru my sewing how much my colors lined up with the original tutorial. It kind of made me laugh when I noticed! The colors are a bit brighter in real life, but they're not too far off in the photo. Sorry for the icky brown background - I do my ironing on an old towel!


No comments:

Post a Comment